This is going to mess up so many New Year’s Resolutions.
I was thinking, why do we have to wait until summer to enjoy S’mores? If it wasn’t for me trying to make sure I look good in this wedding dress this year I would have S’mores as often as I’d like. Unfortunately, we don’t live in a world where we can eat what we want and not worry about the health ramifications of our choices. Dang! Don’t you just wish there was a pill or something you can take where you can just eat whatever you want and don’t gain a single pound? AND…you don’t get full?! The first place I’d go is New Orleans and eat as much and as often as I’d like. Those beignets, etoufee, gumbo, and jambalaya makes it okay to gain weight because of the happiness it brings. Almost like these Chocolate Chip S’more Bars. I mean just looking at the picture makes you happy, right?
I was very happy and proud of myself when I made these. Why? Because I only had a corner and gave the rest of the pan to my man’s co-workers. No, I’m sorry, I dropped them off because they were so good. From what I hear they were really happy and ranted and raved about these cookie bars. I have to find a way to make these but healthier. Is that possible? I mean think about it, marshmallows are nothing but sugar and I don’t know what would be a good replacement for that. I am sure there are several healthier chocolate chip cookie recipes out there but who want to eat a healthy chocolate chip cookie. You know, if I can’t have my sugar the way I want it then I’d rather not have it. There are some sweet treats that are okay for substitution but there are some things that you just shouldn’t touch. These bars are one of them. I want you to make these bars and enjoy them for me. I want you thinking about me with every bite and every chew. Why? Because I have a wedding dress to get into but you better believe the day after my wedding I will be making these again and eat as much as I can to make up for lost time. Adios!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ Bag of Mini Marshmallow
- 2½- 6.8 oz Giant Hershey Symphony bars
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and add both brown and white sugar and beat until fluffy. Next, add eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, and flour. Fold in the chocolate chips and divide the chocolate chip cookie dough in half.
- Press half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in the bottom of the 9X13 evenly. Next, sprinkle half a bag of marshmallows on top of the first layer of the chocolate chips. Then, place the squares of the chocolate bar on top of the marshmallows. Finally, take the other half of the cookie dough and place on top of wax paper or parchment paper and press out to a long rectangular square of 9X13 and flip the cookie dough on top of the marshmallows and press along the sides and remove paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into squares.