These Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars is the dessert of the summer!
S’mores + Chocolate Chip Cookies= Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars!
These Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars is one of my favorite recipes on my blog. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made these dessert bars! They are one of my favorites! These S’mores Cookie Bars is basically two layers of Chocolate Chip Cookies with marshmallows and chocolate in the middle. Who wouldn’t like or love to have a dessert like this?! The idea came from me wanting both, S’mores and Chocolate Chip Cookies, at the same time. So I combined both of the ideas together! the great thing about this S’mores Cookie Bars ( like most of the recipes on my blog) they are very versatile. You can make this dessert bar recipe as is, or you could use Chocolate Chip Cookie mix to cut out a few steps. They should still come out the same way. In fact, I made them using a premade cookie mix once because I didn’t feel like going through the entire cookie dough process and these S’mores Cookie Bars still came out delicious!
In the process of making these dessert bars, I tried two approaches. The first time, I placed one half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the baking pan (both times) and took the other half and rolled it between parchment paper to match the size of the baking dish. Then, I placed the rolled out cookie dough on top of marshmallows and chocolate bars and peeled the cookie dough off the parchment paper. This method was still effective but unnecessary. I found that taking the remaining cookie dough and placing dollops of the dough across the top of marshmallows and chocolate bars is just as effective and even easier. You can try either approach if you want. I think I rolled out the remaining cookie dough to ensure the cookie dough was across the top of the entire dessert.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups
semi sweetchocolate chips
- ½ Bag of Mini Marshmallow
- 2½- 6.8 oz Giant Hershey Symphony bars
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a 9X13 casserole baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and add both brown and white sugar and beat until fluffy. Next, add eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, and flour. Fold in the chocolate chips and divide the chocolate chip cookie dough in half.
- Press half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in the bottom of the 9X13 evenly. Next, sprinkle half a bag of marshmallows on top of the first layer of the chocolate chips. Then, place the squares of the chocolate bar on top of the marshmallows.
- Finally, take the other half of the cookie dough and place dollops of cookie dough across the top of the chocolate bars. Bake for 25 minutes on middle rack or until cookie dough is golden. Allow cooling completely. Cut into squares and serve.