These Easy Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches are easy and amazing!
Make these Easy Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches for your family this week!
In one of my earlier posts, I talked about how making dinner or any meal has become a bit more difficult now that I’ve had the baby. I feel that I don’t have that much time for most things I use to do. Well, I guess I am not being completely honest. Now that I am working on my blog full-time, things have gotten a lot easier. However, I do still struggle with trying to simplify some aspects of my life. For instance, I have not come up with a process to simplify doing laundry, folding the laundry, and putting up the laundry without allowing it to sit in the baskets for a week before I put it away. Sure, the easy thing would be to just put up my clothes right away. For the most part, I try to do that. However, there are times when I get distracted by having to feed the baby, change the baby, or mother the baby. The issue with me is that I get distracted somewhat fairly easily and unless I remember to go back to doing whatever I was doing before, there is a good chance I won’t. I know, it’s a problem. With all the distractions I have going on, it’s no wonder why I constantly forget to eat in the morning. Well, I think I’ve come up with a solution to the eating problem.
With these Easy Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches, you can make breakfast sandwiches for the entire week! Use your choice of meat, bacon or sausage.
I know some of you may be thinking, “What is the big deal about these breakfast sandwiches?” I can answer that very easily. Are you listening? Melted honey butter. Yep! Let’s take this one step at a time and start with the biscuits. Okay, so you can use just about any biscuit you want. You can use Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits, canned biscuits, or frozen biscuits such as Pillsbury Grands (that is what I used). You can also use croissants and English Muffins. Although I must say if you use English Muffins, the sandwiches will still be good, but I am not sure how the muffin will absorb the honey butter that you pour on top of the sandwiches later. Just keep that in mind. Okay, so we talked about the butter, now let’s talk about the cheese.
So, I used Sharp Cheddar Cheese for these sandwiches. However, you can use whatever cheese you want. Or can do an assortment of cheese if you want. For instance, you can use Colby, Pepper Jack Cheese, or Swiss Cheese! The point of these sandwiches, like with most of my recipes, is to make decisions based on your preference. If you don’t like cheddar cheese, that’s fine! You don’t like biscuits, that’s fine too! This recipe along with this video is to serve as a guide that will give you and your family and easy go-to breakfast option! The one step that you absolutely cannot skip is the honey butter concoction! Once you have assembled these sandwiches, and you pour that honey butter on top of those sandwiches, that butter and sweetness from the honey is going to absorb into that biscuit and honey, these Easy Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches will go to a new level!!!
The melted honey butter takes these breakfast sandwiches to a new level!
- 8 Biscuits, baked and sliced in half
- 8 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 16 slices of Bacon, cooked -or-
- 8 Sausage Patties, cooked
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- ¼ c. milk
- ⅓ c. honey
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- Preheat oven to 325 Degree. Spray a 9 X13 casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, crack 12 eggs, pour in the milk, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, whites, and milk are combined. In a large pan on medium-high heat, melt the butter. Pour the eggs into the warm pan, and stir using a rubber spatula until the eggs are completely scrambled and no longer runny. Remove from heat.
- In the casserole dish, place the bottoms of the biscuit in the dish. Give each biscuit two slices of bacon or one sausage patty, add the scrambled eggs on top of the protein, place a slice of cheese on top of the eggs, and finally place the top of the biscuits on top of the cheese.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt the 3 tablespoons of butter and add the honey. Whisk together and bring to a slight boil. Pour the honey butter mixture on top of the sandwiches and place inside of the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve. If you are wrapping this sandwiches for the week, allow to cool a bit longer, or until able to handle, and wrap with parchment or wax paper.