These Feta Cheese Crusted Steak Medallions are the sexiest steaks I have ever made.
These Feta Cheese Crusted Steak Medallions are delicious and topped with an amazing crust with panko breadcrumbs, sundried tomatoes, fresh rosemary, and feta cheese.
So, there is this running joke in my house where when I make steaks, my husband is less than excited. Especially if it’s on Tuesday. When we were still new at living together, I made a very lean steak, on a Tuesday, that had very little to no fat. I didn’t know how to cook it to where it wasn’t tough. It was thick too! We both were at the kitchen table trying to enjoy our dinner, and although the steak was tough to cut through, we still remained optimistic that the steak would be pretty decent.
Let’s just say, I know what leather tastes like and it isn’t all that great.
I ruined that steak and hadn’t the slightest clue as to how I did it! So when I make a steak now, my husband always asks me if I made a “Tuesday Steak” or a “Sunday Steak”? I guess if I make a steak on a Sunday they are pretty darn good. Well, this Feta Cheese Crusted Steak Medallions recipe is beyond pretty darn good and it’s not because I made it on a Sunday.
If you are not following me on Instagram, you are missing out on a lot of good stuff and pictures of my son like this one:
I know he is stupid-cute. Meaning, he is so cute it doesn’t make any sense.
I made a video showing me putting this recipe together and so many of you sent me DM’s wanting the recipe and, as promised, I came to deliver!
First let me say, I love steak!
No, let me rephrase that, I love a GOOD steak! if a steak has been made right, it can stand alone. A good steak doesn’t need any additional salt, pepper, or A1 Sauce. That is not to say that this steak can’t stand alone the way it is seasoned, it totally can. But if you are wanting to take a steak to another level and add a new element, then this Feta Cheese Crusted Steak Medallions recipe is for you! You don’t need a lot of salt to season the steak because the feta cheese has enough salt. This will add flavor and the salt to your steaks. My favorite part is the crunch of the panko breadcrumbs. Oh-my-goodness! The panko breadcrumbs make this steak EVERYTHING! It’s the crunch of the steak for me that makes this steak amazing! Of course, I had to add some freshness to this steak recipe and I used rosemary. So between the feta cheese, panko breadcrumbs, fresh rosemary…
Man, this steak recipe is amazing.
Overall, this is definitely not a “Tuesday Steak”, my husband will tell you. This Feta Cheese Crusted Steak Medallion is absolutely amazing and perfect for date night with your boo or yourself!
- 2 4 oz. Steak Medallions
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. Coarse black pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- ¾ c. feta cheese
- ½ c. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Using a heavy metal skillet, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Season the steaks on both sides with the ½ tsp. salt and pepper. Place the steaks in the hot pan and sear on both sides for 5-6 minutes. The steaks should be crusty with a nice sear on both sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine the feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, and panko crumbs and mix just until well combined. Remove the steaks from the heat and place ½ of the feta crumble on both of the steaks. Add the butter to the pan and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes, just until the crumbs are slightly golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven and use a spoon to baste the steaks 3-4 times. Do not cut the steaks right away. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.