These Healthy Banana Nut Muffins are giving me life in so many ways.
These Healthy Banana Nut Muffins are good food you with all the flavor that you will love.
When these Banana Nut Muffins were baking in the oven, I said to myself that I would start making these muffins once a week just so I can smell them again. I really wished I could’ve captured the scent and put it in a jar. I also wish that there was such a thing as “smell-o-net” where you could smell the muffins while they were baking. You would fall in love and rush to your kitchen to make them immediately and you will not feel guilty about eating them. Why is that? Well let’s start with the fact that there is no table sugar in these muffins. That’s right, only honey babe! Let’s see, I also used ripe bananas, walnuts, coconut oil, and flax seed powder for added protein and fiber. Let’s talk about that for a minute. I used Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and Barlean’s Organic Flax-Chia-Coconut Powder.
Thanks to the Barlean’s brand, these products have turned my ordinary Banana Nut Muffins into a Super Banana Nut Muffins. First let’s talk about Coconut Oil and how its health benefits are shaping the condiment to be the newest superfood. Coconut oil has been consumed for thousands of years in tropical cultures and not only is it used for food, it is also used for skin and hair. The properties that are found in coconut oil are known to help with heart and metabolic health and contains anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. Now I know coconut oil also has received a bad reputation for being a very fatty substance. However, using Virgin Coconut Oil does not contain trans-fat (the bad fat) thus making Virgin Coconut Oil an awesome plant-base replacement for oils and even butter! Now that you have plenty of reasons to start using Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, let’s talk about why you need to use their Flax-Chia-Coconut blend in your meals.
One of the most amazing reasons why using this Flax blend by Barlean is because it is a nutritional powerhouse that is high in Omega-3, dietary fiber, antioxidants, minerals, amino acids, and it’s a plant-based protein. So for all of you vegans and vegetarians who are looking for new ways to get more protein in your diet, this product will be a great addition to your diet. Not only have I used this product in these Banana Nut Muffins, but I have also used this mixture in my oatmeal, burgers (I promise you can’t tell), and smoothies! If you are struggling to get the amazing nutritional properties into your daily diet, I highly recommend using these products for more nutritional benefits.
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/barleans
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barleans
- Recipe partially adapted from Honest Cooking
- 2 ½ c. flour
- 2 tbsp. Barlean’s Organic Flax-Coconut-Chia blend
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 c. honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, smashed
- ⅓ c. soy milk
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- Old fashioned oats for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda, and flax seed blend. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey, eggs, bananas, and soy milk. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Finally, add the vinegar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and walnuts and mix until smooth.
- Spray a 12 count cupcake tin or line with cupcake liners. Spoon an ice cream full scoop into each cup. Sprinkle with old fashioned oats and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Allow to cool and serve.