So today you get a DOUBLE FEATURE!!!! I had to share this recipe with you. So, I try to be as healthy as possible. Yes it can be difficult when your mind continuously comes up with delicious and, almost always, unhealthy dishes. But this couldn’t wait.
I can’t take full credit of this concoction. I got an email from LIVESTRONG and they had a list of quick and easy lunch ideas that are healthy for you. And sometimes a girl needs something new every now and then. So, I tried this sandwich idea because it seemed quick and easy enough for me to try (not to mention cheap) and it was “stupid good” yo!
It consist of an English Muffin (100 cal), a package of Tuna Salad (100 cal), and 1 piece of Weight Watchers Strong Cheese (50 cal). If you are struggling with a lunch idea, then you must try this sandwich. Have it some fruit or a small side salad. But make sure you have a snack on hand. You will be hungry 2 hour from when you eat it.
Recipe adapted from LIVESTRONG.COM.
- • 1 whole English Muffin
- • 1 package (3 Oz. Size) Starkist Tuna Salad Sandwich Spread
- • 1 ounce, weight Weight Watchers Mozzerella String Cheese
- • 1 slice Tomato (optional)
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350 F (I used a toaster oven).
- Open up the English muffin and put both halves on a tray (I used the toaster oven tray). Spoon the tuna salad on the bottom half of the English muffin. Pull apart the string cheese and place the pieces of string cheese on top of the tuna. Place the sandwich in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts completely. Remove from the oven, add the slice of tomato and the top half of the muffin and enjoy!