This is a sponsored post by Bisquick and Meijer, but all opinions are my own.
If you are looking for a different way to spice up your pancakes, use Bisquick Pancake Mix to make these Maple and Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.
You will never want pancakes any other way after you have eaten these Maple and Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.
For me, pancakes are a sentimental and comforting food. I trace my love for pancakes all the way back to my grandma, who made the best pancakes in the world to me. Now that I am older, I am realizing that her pancakes were probably made from pancake mix, like Bisquick. In any case, they were perfect! The edges were nice, crisp, and buttery just how I like them; they were nice and fluffy and absorbed with just the right amount of syrup, and they weren’t perfectly golden on one side and burnt on the other side (sorry mom). They were perfect pancakes through and through. Now that my son is one year old, he is starting to eat pancakes and I bet if he could actually articulate the words he would say, “Mommy pancakes are the most amazing thing in the world”. I would gladly say, “ I know son. I love them too”. If my son is crazy about regular pancakes, I can only imagine his response when he tries these Maple and Cinnamon Roll Pancakes for the first time. Man, he will probably start talking then. My goal is to create awesome memories like I had with my grandma, with my son.
I can’t wait to feed my kid a whole bunch of stuff, but let me be clear, everything I make for my kid will not be 100% from scratch. No one has that kind of time. I want to talk to the mom who works (or stay at home), make three meals a deal, prepare snacks, work out, take care of her kids, herself, her car, her dog, shave her legs and armpits, polishes her nails and feet, keep her hair tight, and still presents herself to be fashionably aware while making pancakes from scratch! Where is she, because I am not her. I need a little help and I want to tell you moms and dads out there who may be reading this blog post, there is nothing wrong with making delicious and memorable dishes with a little help. The help I am referring to is a premade mix of sorts. Like Bisquick!
When I was growing up, there was always Bisquick in my grandma’s kitchen. Bisquick and bacon fat in an old shortening jar. I can’t count how many things she made using Bisquick but it was a ton. I have seen her make Chicken and Dumplings, Homemade Biscuits, and Strawberry Shortcakes with Bisquick. It’s a must-have in the kitchen. The best thing about using Bisquick is that its the perfect meal started to make something all of your own. In the case of these Maple and Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, I added a little melted butter, maple and vanilla extract to the mix. Along with a cinnamon filling that just melts into the pancake as it cooks. My husband was the first to taste these and he said that you don’t need any syrup to go along with these pancakes. They are that good all on their own!
So, parents, you can’t do everything all the time. It is okay if you don’t always have it together. That is what awesome products like Bisquick is for! To make our lives easier so we can focus on making awesome and delicious meals that will create memories for our families.
Also, check out this Pancake Star Rewards program through Meijers stores! You can win prizes, earn coupons and watch pancake recipe videos.
Here are some more details about the program:
- Get $1 off next Bisquick purchase when you submit a receipt and show that you purchased Bisquick at Meijer
- They’ll be giving away 16 $1,000 Meijer gift cards during the promotion. You get a sweepstakes entry for engaging with the below activities.
- Watching Bisquick videos
- Voting on their favorite pancake recipe
- Sharing the page on Twitter and Instagram
- Uploading a pancake image with the hashtag #pancakestar and #sweepstakes on Twitter and Instagram
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years or older. Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 2/11/18. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit https://meijer.com/bisquick. Void where prohibited by law.
- 2 c. Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Maple Extract
- 9 tbsp. Melted butter, divided and more for griddle
- ⅔ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick Pancake batter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, maple extract, and butter until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 5 tbsp. Butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix. Pour the cinnamon mixture into a piping bag or food storage bag. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the cinnamon mixture to set and don't cut open the tip of the bag until ready to use.
- Heat the griddle and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour ½ cup of pancake mix onto the griddle and, in a circular motion, pipe the cinnamon mixture. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Top the pancakes off with the cream cheese topping and whipped cream if desired and serve.