Christmas time is cookie time!
Now is the time where most of you are probably looking for good cookie recipes for your Christmas Cookie exchanges. You know, I should do a Christmas Cookie Exchange. Maybe have a Mini-Christmas Party where Christmas Cookies are the theme. That would be cool. Yea, I can serve hot chocolate and eggnog. Ohh and maybe I can encourage people to wear ugly Christmas sweaters. That sounds like a good Christmas Themed party. Unfortunately, I live in a 2 bedroom apartment that isn’t fit to host that kind of party. JESUS….I NEED A HOUSE. One day. In any case, Christmas Cookie Exchanges are fun and a great way to bring in the holidays. In fact, my food blog buddy, Grandbaby Cakes, was featured in this months issue of Better Homes and Garden where she talked about how she does her cookie exchanges. Go ahead and check out her blog and her fabulous White Chocolate Mudslides.
Anyway, I think you may have heard me talk about how much I love shortbread cookies in earlier posts. I really think Buttery Shortbread Cookies are my favorite cookies. I love it when they are soft, buttery, and slightly nutty. I guess that makes sense about why I love these Shortbread Pecan Cookies so much. Now, for those of you who may be a little funny about nuts being in your sweets, let me assure you that once you bite into these cookies, you won’t bite into huge pieces of pecans. The pecans are ground almost into a flour and is added into the cookie batter giving the cookies the nutty flavor they have. To make the cookies a little special, I added a little dollop of chocolate in the middle. You can drizzle of dip the cookies halfway. However you want to do it, but you will love the chocolate on the cookies regardless. If you are a big fan of Shortbread Cookies like me, you will love these Shortbread Pecan Cookies. They are perfect for any cookie exchange and everyone will love them. Just make sure they like nuts first.
- 2 c. flour
- 1½ c. ground pecans
- 2½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pecans, salt, cornstarch, and powdered sugar. Next, using a wooden spoon, blend in the softened butter and vanilla extract. Use your hands to mix all ingredients together. Once the ingredients have come together to form a ball. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove the shortbread cookie dough and take about 1½ tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with baking spray or lined with parchment paper. Make sure you space the cookies out about an inch and a half. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Once cool, transfer to a cooling sheet and take a teaspoon of the melted chocolate, place in the middle of the cookies, and spread with the back of a spoon. Allow the chocolate to set and serve.