This Steak and Potato Foil Packets Dinner saved my life!
If you don’t have time to make dinner, this Steak and Potato Foil Packets Dinner will definitely satisfy you and your family.
Okay, so I wouldn’t completely say that I am suffering from sleep deprivation with the baby and all. However, I would say that I do not get as much rest as I use to. I guess that makes sense when you start a family. In fact, I feel that I don’t have time for a lot of things nowadays. I don’t have time to sit and play my video games (yes I am a gamer); I don’t have time to read as much as I use to; I am too tired to work out (but I really want to get back to it); and I definitely don’t have time to make meals as much as use to. I have reduced myself to an occasional box package dinner here and there. Hey, don’t judge me! I already feel so ashamed. I have also relied heavily on my crockpot for some help as well and my crockpot has been good to me. But sometimes I feel as though I need more variety aside from what comes out of my crockpot. Don’t get me wrong, I love my crockpot, and there is a lot you can make with it. However, there are times where you feel as though you have made everything a crockpot can handle. I mean I made Crockpot Rosemary Bread, Crockpot Hot Fudge Cake, and Crockpot Chicken Taco Boats. I think you can say that I have stretched my crockpot cooking abilities. Now, I am looking to other appliances I have in my kitchen that can help me with a fast and delicious meal. Who knew that the one appliance that I use more than any other appliance can help me more than what I have given credit for. What am I talking about? I’m talking about my oven!
I don’t know where you live but it’s hot here in Ohio. It is going to be 93 Degrees today. Yep. Where I live, I don’t get much wind because of buildings and trees that are in the way. With it being hot outside, the last thing anyone wants to do is spend a lot of time in front of a hot stove. With that in mind and the fact that I feel that I don’t have much time for anything these days, I have to get creative when it comes to cooking easy and delicious meals but fast and with less work on my part. So I figure, why not just through everything in some foil and let the oven do its magical job?! What I love about foil packet dinners is that you can put ANYTHING in foil and the heat will do the rest of the work. Heck, you can even put chocolate chip cookies in foil and they will bake. Don’t believe me? Check out my Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I’ve done it before! So if I can put cookies in some foil, I definitely can put steak and potatoes in foil making Steak and Potato Foil Packets.
In this Steak and Potato Foil Packet Dinner, you have everything you want in a traditional steak dinner! There are steak and potatoes, of course, then there are some sliced mushrooms, broccoli, and onions for flavor. I just threw everything in the foil packet, drizzled with olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper and let the oven do its job. You know what? In 30 minutes, I had a delicious, wholesome, and healthy dinner! The steak was perfectly cooked. It wasn’t tough like I was afraid it would be; the potatoes were fork tender, and the broccoli still had a bit of a crispness to it! My husband and I were very impressed by this Steak and Potatoes foil pack dinner. The only thing he regrets is that there were no seconds. Not kidding. He loved it that much and you will too! In facy, I encourage you to get creative with making your owl foil packet dinners! I am telling you they are so super easy to make. One thing I suggest about making foil packet dinners is you have to have some sort of sauce or flavored butter to add flavor. With these Steak and Potato Foil Packets I made a garlic and herb butter that I put on top of the steak as soon as they came out of the oven. That butter made these Steak and Potato Foil Packets in the oven dinner that much better! I can’t wait for you to try this easy dinner recipe. Just be sure you come back and let me know what you think!
- 1lb. Top Sirloin Steak
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, divided
- 2 Broccoli Crowns, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks and divided
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms, divided
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Dried Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- For each foil packet (this recipe makes 2), take two long pieces of aluminum foil. One piece goes up and down, the other goes straight across making a “t”. In the middle of each foil packet, add half of the cut yellow onion and add half of the fingerling potatoes. Keep everything centered as much as possible. Cut the broccoli florets off of the broccoli crowns. Add the florets of one crown to one of the packets and use the other florets for the other packet. Add the sliced mushrooms to the packet and slice the steak into 8 strips. Place 4 of the strips on top of the veggies in the packet.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle each packet with 2 tbsp Olive oil. Seal the aluminum foil on all sides making a packet and sealing all of the ingredients. Place in the oven and allow to roast, undisturbed, for 30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, your packet is done. In a small bowl, add the soft butter, rosemary and garlic salt and stir to blend. Once the foil packets are done, place a heaping dollop of the butter inside each packet and reseal to allow the butter to melt and the steak to rest for about 5-10 minutes. Don’t worry the aluminum foil will keep everything warm.