“This post is created sponsored content for Ohio Pork Council. All thoughts andopinions are my own.”
These Sweet Chili Pork Shish Kabobs is an easy pork recipe you will love!
Try these Sweet Chili Pork Shish Kabobs to add some “flava” to your pork!
Have you ever noticed that some of the best foods in life are on a stick? Think about it! You’ve got corn dogs, popsicles, lollipops, and just about everything at a state fair! Yep, the good foods in life come on a stick and shish-kabobs are no different! I really could write two blog posts about the fun of making shish-kabobs but I will try to condense it down in a couple of paragraphs. First of all, with shish kabobs there are no rules. You can do practically whatever you want, however you want. Another thing about shish kabobs is that they do not have to be savory. They can be sweet too! You didn’t know? There are all types of recipes out there for fruit kabobs and dessert kabobs. You can put whatever you want on a skewer and there you have it! If it can fit on a stick go for it! Oh! Oh! You can also add your own dipping sauces as well. See, aren’t making shish-kabobs fun?! Yea! Well let me tell you how I made these Sweet Chili Pork Kabobs!
As I mentioned in several previous blog posts, pork is a great lean source of protein. Just like with any lean protein, you have to give it flavor. I mean, a lot of love. The great thing about kabobs is you can choose your own love. Well, what I mean is you can choose the veggies and seasoning you want to add. In this case, I wanted to go sweet and savory with a little “Asian-Persuasion”. You know what I mean. On these Sweet Chili Pork Shish Kabobs, I layered my skewers with lean pork loin, red onion, peppers, and pineapple for some sweetness. After I grilled them, I brushed some Sweet Chili Sauce on them and ate the 4 shish kabobs that you are looking at in this picture for lunch…in one day. Because kabobs can be a pretty healthy alternative, I didn’t feel bad about it! I mean how can you feel bad about eating lean cuts of meat, fruit, and vegetables on a stick? No harm there!
You can make these Sweet Chili Pork Shish Kabobs on an outdoor grill or use a stove top grill pan like me! If you decide to go that route, all you have to do is grill them on the sides for a few minutes and place them in an oven to finish cooking internally. If you don’t like the vegetables I used, that’s fine!…it’s a shish kabob! You can do whatever you want! Use mushroom caps, cherry tomatoes, or even a few slices of jalapeno for some heat. The natural flavors of all the ingredients will flavor the meat and taste incredible! I hope you really enjoy these Sweet Chili Pork Shish Kabobs that you can enjoy all year round!
- 2 Thick Boneless Pork Chops (cut into 12 chunks)
- 8 Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into chunks (12 pieces)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into chunks (12 pieces)
- ½ Red Onion, cut into chunks (12 pieces)
- 4 Bamboo Skewers
tbsp. Olive oil
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Soak the skewers in water, for at least, 30 minutes.
- Cut the boneless pork chops into 6 large chunks along with the green and red bell pepper, and red onion.
- Begin to layer the skewers starting with a bell pepper at the bottom of the skewer, pork chunk, onion, pineapple chunk, and repeat. Each skewer should get 3 chunks of pork, 2-3 pineapple chunks, 3 pieces of both peppers, and red onion.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Heat the pan with the olive oil on medium high heat. Season the skewers on all sides with salt and pepper. Place on the hot grill pan and cook on each side 3-5 minutes. Place in the oven while still in the pan for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with
thaichili sauce and serve.