Made using a few shortcuts, this 15 Minute Stir-Fried Rice doesn’t miss any flavor. It’s made with peas and carrots, onions, and cooked rice.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ c. onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 c. peas and carrots, frozen
- 2– 16 oz pouches microwavable Jasmine Rice
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- ¼ c. green chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet pan, heat on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the peas and carrots and cook until thawed.
- Heat the rice in the microwave for about one minute. Long enough to loosen the rice. Add to the skillet and toss in with the veggies. Make a hole in the middle of the pan and crack the egg. Allow to cook and once whites appear, begin to scramble with a rubber spatula. Toss the scrambled egg in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame and toss again with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with chopped green onions and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: fried rice, stir fried rice, how to make stir fried rice, chicken fried rice, easy fried rice