Make dinner you and your family will absolutely love! This Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Chicken Thighs is made with real red peppers, cream, and chicken thighs.
Over the past few months, I have become addicted and dependent on meal kits. I typically use Home Chef but I have tried a few others like Gobble, Hello Fresh, and The Fresh Market has some pretty cool meal kits as well. I love meal kits because I know that for 2 days out of the week, I don’t have to stare in the cabinets and refrigerator trying to figure out what I can put together that my husband and I will enjoy and my very picky toddler son will eat as well. If you are a busy working parent like myself, meal kits will be your best friend.
First let me say, although I am not fond of eating raw peppers like many people I know, I do appreciate and enjoy the flavor that comes from adding peppers to dishes. I particularly like the flavor of roasted red peppers. There is something about that flavor that makes me go nuts. The char on those peppers completely transforms the flavor. The flavor is like nothing else. I love using roasted red peppers in sauces.
How I made this Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Thighs
The Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is surprisingly simple. All you need is a jar of roasted red peppers, garlic, heavy cream, and Parmesan Cheese. That’s it! You can blend this sauce one of two way. One way is to blend the peppers and garlic along with the seasonings in a food processor. Or, you can use a hand-held immersion blender, which is what I did because I didn’t feel like getting out the food processor. Choices. Add some heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Simmer this sauce in some beautifully roasted chicken thighs and you are in the money!
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 1 ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tbsp. Coarse Black pepper
- 12 oz. jar Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 spring fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Place the chicken thighs in large shallow skillet. Brush with olive oil. Season with the ½ tbsp. Kosher salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the roasted red peppers, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to the blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Once the chicken thighs have cooked remove from the pan and drain fat (save for another day). Using the same pan, on medium heat, add the roasted red pepper puree. Bring to a simmer. Add the butter and allow to melt. Add the cream and Parmesan Cheese. Stir until silky and smooth. Add the chicken thighs back to the pan with the sauce. Use a spoon and pour some of the sauce over the chicken thighs. Top with fresh basil