Perfect for the summer time and only take minutes to assemble! Try these Ice Cream Stuffed Cannolis topped with chocolate and coated with your favorite toppings!
- 6 Cannoli Shells
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 lb. Milk Chocolate and/or White Chocolate Coating
- desired sprinkles for the ends
- Remove the ice cream from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes just until softened. Use a spoon and scrape some of the ice cream from the container and stuff the canoli carefully so it doesn’t break. Make sure you do both sides of the canoli. Once the cannolis are stuffed, place on a baking sheet and into the freezer for 1 hour and proceed to the next step.
- Melt the chocolate coating and use a spoon to spoon some of the chocolate on the side of the cannolis. Don’t dip the ice cream into the chocolate because it can begin to curdle. Place the topping inside a small ramekin or bowl. Once the cannolis are covered with chocolate, immediately dip the canoli into the toppings and place back onto the baking sheet. Move quickly before any ice cream melts. Once the cannolis are complete place back into the freezer for one hour or until ready to serve.
- Category: Dessert