These No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars are everything a chocolate lover would want in a dessert. It requires no baking time, double layers of chocolate, and one smooth decadent bite that’s unforgettable.
If there is anything I love most in this world, aside from my family, it is chocolate. Chocolate is one of my absolute favorite things to eat, period! I am typically a milk chocolate person and depending on how dark the dark chocolate is, that would be fine too. In any case, I find chocolate to be simply irresistible and I love just about any chocolate dessert there is. You can tell by some of the recipes on my blog!
- The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Almond Clusters
- Easy Chocolate Tarts
- Copycat Hostess Cupcakes
- Chocolate Swiss Cake
Just to name a few!
Now, I am adding one more chocolate dessert recipe to the round-up with these No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars!
This no-bake recipe is made with a crust of crushed Brownie Brittle. Have you ever had Brownie Brittle? If you haven’t you don’t know what you are missing. It is one of the best and most addicting snacks I’ve ever encountered. Anyway, if you don’t have Brownie Brittle, then you can use chocolate graham crackers to make your crust. Oh, did I mention you don’t even have to bake the crust? Nope! Nothing in this recipe requires baking.
What I love about this recipe, like most of my recipes, is how versatile this recipe really is! Once you have made these No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Bars, you can drizzle with chocolate or white chocolate, as I did in the picture, or you can even sprinkle mini chocolate chips as soon as you spread the chocolate filling on the crust! It is your world! That is what I love about this no-bake dessert recipe. So, keep this recipe in mind, especially during the summer, when you don’t feel like turning on your oven but you want to make something that you can really sink your teeth into. These Chocolate Mousse Bars will definitely do the trick!
- 3 c. crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 ¼ c. milk chocolate chips
- 3 c. heavy cream, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- In a 9X13 rectangular casserole pan, line with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the crushed chocolate graham crackers and add the melted butter. Stir until evenly distributed and the crumbs look like wet sand. Spread into the bottom of the pan evenly and use the bottom of a measuring cup to press into the pan. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- NOTE: If you are using Brownie Brittle, you will need two 5 oz. bags to get to three cups of crumbs for the crust.
- Pour one cup of heavy cream into a small saucepan and bring to steam on low-medium heat. Add the chocolate chips to a separate bowl. Once the cream starts steaming, pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for about 2 minutes and begin to stir using a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Using another large mixing bowl add the cream cheese and use a handheld or standing mixer and blend the cream cheese until creamy. Slowly pour in the chocolate ganache in with the cream cheese. Be sure to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once evenly mixed, set aside.
- Using one more large bowl, add the heavy cream and begin to whisk on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes, once you begin to see soft peaks, add the powdered sugar and turn on high and whisk until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Once the cream has stiff peaks, gently fold the now whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to fold the mixture batches at a time until all ingredients are combined and there are no streaks in chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, at least, or until set/firm. Remove the bars from the refrigerator and cut into squares.