“If you like Pina Coladas, getting caught in the snow…”
I know I have been gone for a while, but I had to give my mind a mental break. Heck, truth be told, I am still allowing my mind to relax and replenish so I can carry on the work load of maintaining a blog, working a regular 9-5 , maintain relationships, and finding time for myself. I have to find my balance with these things once again. If you don’t take any advice from me, let me tell you one thing, if you ever decide to create a book (e-book or hardback), make sure you put yourself on a set timetable so you don’t get overwhelmed. I didn’t do a good job at that necessarily. This lead me to be completely brain pooped. I do plan on working on another book in April and trust me, I will be on a set schedule.
Sooooo, if you are live in the Midwest or Eastern side of the USA, then I don’t have to tell you how cold it is. I also don’t have to tell you to shovel the snow in your driveway’s. Chances are you’ve done that already. If you are in a warmer climate, at this time, I envy you because I would love to lay out on a beach or be able to walk outside only needing a lite jacket. Right now, that isn’t the case. Especially then its -14 Degrees outside. There is absolutely nothing I can do about this weather we are having. However, what I can do is trick my mind to thinking that I am warmer that I actually am. That method starts with these Strawberry Pina Colanda’s.
There are a few things I really like about this Pina Colada.
- It has the fiber and nutrients from the fruit so it makes it kind of healthy.
- It is super refreshing.
- The rum is incredible.
- Its pretty.
Everything you need to make for a summer fun cocktail. The most important element of a summer-fun drink is the alcohol that goes along with it. I am not a huge fan of rum. It has a spice taste that make me not a big fan. However, this rum by Blue Chair Bay, makes me happy and really makes this drink incredible! This line of rum has the following flavors
- White Rum
- Coconut Spiced Rum
- Coconut Rum
- Banana Rum
With these flavors I am sure that you guys can come up with a refreshing drink to make your winter real hott! In fact, I am going to give someone an opportunity to own a bottle of the rum to create some amazing cocktails. Answer the question below to enter the giveaway! To learn more about Blue Chair Bay, click on the links below.
- 1 lb. strawberries, halved
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 c. ice
- 4 c. pineapple. chopped
- ½ c. pineapple juice
- ½ c. coconut milk
- 8 oz. Coconut Rum (add more if you would like)
- dollop whipped cream
- Using a blender, place the strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar inside and blend until smooth. Pour set aside by pouring into a separate container. Rinse the blender container.
- Next, place the ice, pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut milk, and coconut rum inside the blender and blend until well blended. Using the desired glasses, pour the strawberry puree at the bottom and then pour the Pina Colada mixture on top, add a dollop of whipped cream, and garnish with strawberries and/or pineapple slices.