These Dirt and Worm Cupcakes are absolutely adorable. You can put these cupcakes in plant pots, cover in crush chocolate cookie crumbs, and a gummy worm.
- 1 Miss Jones Yellow Cake Mix (including the required ingredients)
- 1 Miss Jones Chocolate Buttercream frosting
- 14 oz. Chocolate Wafer Cookies, crushed
- Gummy worms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Using a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to box. Add melted butter, eggs, and milk and mix completely with a hand held mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Use a large ice cream scoop and scoop batter in individual cupcake tins. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Add chocolate cookies to a food processor and pulse 2-3 times until coarsely crushed.
- Spread the cupcakes with frosting, place a gummy worm on top, and add 1 heaping tablespoon of crushed chocolate cookies on top of the cupcake and worm. Set aside until ready to serve.
- NOTES: If you want the flower pot to affect, what I did was bought some plastic pots, stuffed them midway with brown paper bag paper that I rolled into a ball; I placed the cupcake securely on top of the brown paper bag; finally, top topped the cupcakes off with crushed chocolate cookies and the gummy worm as I mentioned earlier.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert