This Almond Crusted French Toast recipe is crusted with almonds and topped with berries. Use Thick Texas Toast to make this French toast recipe.
- 4 pieces of Thick Texas Style Bread
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (milk will be fine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup sugar & 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups of almonds pieces or pecans
- In a deep dish plate or bowl, whisk your eggs, whipping cream, extracts, and sugar together thoroughly.
- In a separate plate, pour your almonds and pecans with the 1 tablespoon sugar and stir with a spoon.
- One a time, take a piece of your Texas toast and place it in your egg batter. Because the bread is so thick, let it set for about 20 seconds on each side.
- Once you have your bread coated, place it in your plate with your nuts and coat on both sides.
- I used a griddle, but you don’t have to, take about 1 tablespoon of butter and place it on your griddle or pan and allow to melt (for everyone piece of French Toast, I used 1 tablespoon of butter). Place your French Toast on your griddle or pan and let cook for about 3 minutes on each side. If you want to cook longer you can do so, just make sure that you flip back and forth so the toast doesn’t burn.
- Once done , place on plate and garnish with powdered sugar, berries, and serve with warm maple syrup. Also, you should look up how to make berry syrup or buy it at your local grocery store.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast