- 2 slices white country bread
- 3 thick slices hickory smoked bacon, cooked
- 4 thin slices Granny Smith Apple
- 4 slices Gruyere Cheese or 2 cups shredded
- butter for spreading
- Warm a panini maker (if you have one) or take a grilled pan and place it on the stove.
- Generously butter one side of the pieces of bread; lay the butter side down on a cutting board and add 2 slices or a cup of shredded Gruyere, 2 slices of apple, bacon, apple, cheese, and the the other piece of bread. Add about an additional tablespoon of butter in the pan and allow to melt. Place the sandwich in the saute pan on low to medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown, flip the other side and repeat the same process. Add more butter to the pan if necessary. Cut in half and serve!