This Apple Spice Cake with Brown Butter Frosting is made with real apples, a touch of spice, and topped with a nutty and delicious brown butter frosting.
- 1 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 c. flour
- 3 Granny Smith apples, grated
- For Icing
- 1 stick butter
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. Milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, add the light brown sugar and granulated sugar along with oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a hand-held or standing mixer and mix the ingredients until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, pumpkin spice, and whisk together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients one cup at a time mixing each cup of dry ingredients well into the wet ingredients.
- Take the grated apples and fold them into the batter. Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan and spread the top evenly. Place the bundt cake into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Once finished allow to cool for about 10 minutes and turn onto a cool rack.
- In a small saucepan, add the stick of butter and allow to melt on medium-high heat. The butter will begin to boil and as it does it will turn into a light brown/ amber color. Once this happens, remove from heat and strain into a bowl using a fine-mesh strainer. Place back into the refrigerator and allow it to become solid again.
- Once this has happened. Youll want it to sit at room temperature to soften slightly. In a medium mixing bowl, add the browned butter, powdered sugar, and milk and mix. Continue to add milk a teaspoon at a time to allow it to become thinner if you’ll like. Once the cake has completely cooled, pour the icing over the cake and allow it to set and serve.
- Category: Dessert