This appetizer dish is taking Bruschetta to a whole new level by combining peaches and bacon. This can go with just about any fruit that is in season!
- 12oz. bacon, diced
- 1 1/4 c. fresh peache2, diced
- 1/2 c. shallots, diced
- 2 heaping tbsp. hot pepper jelly
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper crushed flakes
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- 4 oz. Kraft Hot Habanero Cheese, large shards
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 24 Baguette slices
- Chives for garnish
- Place the bacon inside a medium sauté pan on medium heat. Cook until browned and slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the excess fat and return bacon back to the pan.
- Add the peaches and diced shallots. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes until peaches and shallots are soft. Finally add the red pepper jelly, crushed pepper flakes, liquid smoke and stir until jelly has completely dissolved. Turn on low heat.
- Brush the baguette slices with the olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Place in a preheated oven on 350 degrees a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the bacon mixture on top of the sliced Baguettes; sprinkle with chives, and top with Kraft Hot Habanero Cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizer