These Baked Apple Ice Cream Bowls is an awesome apple recipe to kick start the fall. Bake some apples and fill with your favorite ice cream flavor!
- 2 Honeycrisp
- 8 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar, more to rub on the outside of the apple
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. apple, diced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or Bourbon
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream (or your choice)
- pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Hollow the apple(s). You can use an apple cord and take a spoon and scoop more of the apple out so it is deep enough to add the ice cream. Or you can take a steak knife and cut a hole inside and use a spoon to scoop out the section of fruit you cut.
- Take the apples and 4 tbsp. of butter and rub it on the inside and outside of the apples (2 tbsp. a piece). Make sure the apples are dry so the butter can stick to the apple. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and rub it on the outside of the apples as well. Bake the apples for 15-20 minutes. The apples will become soft. Set aside and let cool.
- Take the other 4 tbsp. of butter and melt over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted add the brown sugar and stir until it has completely dissolved. Add the diced apples and cinnamon. Allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the apples are translucent. Add vanilla or bourbon and heavy cream. Stir once more for 2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool, slightly.
- In your baked apples, add your favorite ice cream, pour over the apple mixture, top with pecan (if desired)and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked apple recipe, baked apples, apple recipes, baked apple bowls, simple baked apples