- 2 pounds Red Potatoes, Halved
- ½ ounces, weight Packet Of Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 package Bacon Pieces, 3.5 Ounce Package
- 2 cloves Garlic, Grated
- 1 cup Chives, Chopped
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 stick Butter, Divided
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- Add red potatoes to a large pot and fill the pot with water until the potatoes are completely covered. Bring to a boil then boil for 25 minutes or until tender. Then remove pot from heat and drain off the water.
- Mash the potatoes (I didn’t mash them down too much because I wanted some of the lumps in there—but it’s up to you). Then add the packet of ranch dressing, bacon pieces, garlic, chives, sour cream, milk, 4 tablespoons of butter and 2 cups of cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spoon the mashed potatoes into large ramekins (16 oz. ramekins), take the remaining butter and cut it into small pieces and place the pieces on top of the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese. Place the ramekins on top of a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.