These Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos are definitely a crow pleaser.! The shrimp is tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce and topped with cabbage.
- 1 lb. Large Raw Shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tail off)
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- ½ c. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- Canola oil for frying
- 16 oz. Shredded Cabbage
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. mayo
- ½ Lime zest
- ½ lime
- ½ c. mayo
- ¼ c. sweet chili sauce
- ½ tbsp. Siracha ( add more if you desire for more heat)
- 6–8 Street Taco size soft tortillas
- Add oil to add tp deep fryer and heat to 350 degrees.
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Combine the flour and cornstarch.
- Dredge the shrimp through the cornstarch mixture, shake off excess, and place in hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and place on cooling rack lined with paper towel.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, honey, mayo, cilantro, and lime zest. Toss together. Add the lime juice and toss. Add a pinch of salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the mayo, sweet chili sauce, and siracha. Mix together and once the shrimp has cooked and cooled, slightly, toss the shrimp in sauce or drizzle on top of taco.
- Warm the tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds. Layer the tacos as desired and top off with cilantro leaves and queso crumbled cheese, if desired.
- Category: Entree