- 1 package Sandy’s Shortbread Cookies
- 3 c. shortbread crumbs
- 8 tbsp. melted butter
- 20 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. condensed sweetened milk
- 1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c. banana pudding, prepared
- 1 c. shortbread chunks
- 2 1/2 medium bananas, sliced
- TOFFEE SAUCE
- 3/4 c. dark brown sugar + 1 tbsp.
- 2 tbsp. dark corn syrup
- 3/4 stick butter
- 2/3 c. heavy cream, room temperature
- Make the toffee sauce first. In a medium sized sauce pan, bring syrup, sugar, and butter in the pan and bring to boil. Stir to make sure that it doesn’t burn or stick and the sugar dissolves. This should take about 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream slowly while stirring at the same time. The sauce will bubble but still stir. Once the cream is mixed in take off the heat and allow to completely cool.
- In a small bowl, add the shortbread crumbs and pour the melted butter on top. Mix together. The crust will look like wet grains of sand. Press into the bottom of a butter 9 in Springform pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another separate bowl, cream the cream cheese, add the condensed sweetened milk, and banana pudding. Fold in the whipped cream, banana slices, and cup of shortbread chunks. Spread mixture on top of shortbread cookie crust. Pour the cooled toffee sauce on top of the mixture and place in freezer or refrigerator overnight.
- Garnish the top however you want. You can add more shortbread crumbs on top, piped whipped cream, or you can leave it as is.