This the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe is a moist chocolate cake recipe that is topped with a smooth and silky chocolate ganache.
- 1 ¾ c. flour
- ¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½ c. Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo
- 1 c. boiling water
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- FOR ICING
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a Bundt Cake pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together with a hand held mixer or standing mixer, combine the sugar, eggs, milk, and vegetable oil. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Begin to slowly pour in the boil water. Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and mayo and continue to mix. Pour in the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake with the oven rack in the middle for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Then turn to a cooling rack and allow to completely cool.
- To make the ganache, pour the 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chip in a heat safe bowl. Bring the cream to a slight boil and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Slowly stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add the vanilla extract. Set aside and allow to cool until ganache thickens. It should be thick enough to where it pours on thick. Or if spreadable, you can spread on like a frosting. Serve as desired.
- Instead of using hot water, you can use hot coffee to really deepen the chocolate flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: the best chocolate cake recipe, chocolate cake recipe UK, simple moist chocolate cake recipe, chocolate ganache for cake, chocolate glaze