You would never guess that these are made with black beans. I promise!
- • 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- • 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- • 1/2 c. quick oats
- • 1/4 tsp. salt
- • 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
- • 3 tsp. Stevia baking blend or 2 packets of stevia
- • 1/4 c. coconut oil or vegetable oil
- • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- • 1/2 c. vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips or regular
- – 2 oz. unsweetened bakers chocolate, melted
- – 1 tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. You will need a food processor for this recipe. You can use a blender but a processor will puree the beans better. Also, the original recipe says to use an 8X8 square pan but the brownies would be very thin unless you want to double the recipe or unless you don’t mind thin brownies. I used a rectangular 8X8 square pan.
- Rinse the black beans well and drain the water. Place the beans in a food processor and add all the ingredients in the food processor as well (cocoa powder, quick oats, salt, maple syrup, melted chocolate, stevia, oil, vanilla extract, and baking powder and pulse for 3-5 minutes until the batter is smooth all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and flour using a rubber spatula and turn to the pan. Smooth out the batter and bake for 15-20 minutes. Then let cool for 10 minutes ( I placed mine in the refrigerator because the brownies were very moist and gooey.