- 2 Cedar Planks
- 4– 2 oz. Salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. Blackened Seasoning
- 1 c. tomato, chopped
- 1 c. pineapple, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- ½ Jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- ⅓ c. red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Submerge the cedar planks in water for, at least, an hour.
- Brush the salmon filets with olive oil. Season with salt and blackened seasoning evenly. Allow to sit at room temperature.
- Prepare the grill according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Allow the grill to heat up to 400F-450F Degrees. Place the cedar planks on the grill for, at least, 15 minutes.
- Flip the cedar planks over with the grilled side facing up and place the salmon, skin down, on the grilled side of the cedar planks. Close the lid of the grill and allow to cook for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 Degrees.
- To make the pineapple salsa, combine the tomato, pineapple, cilantro, jalapeno, and red onion and toss. Squeeze the juice of lime onto the ingredients and toss. Finally, add the honey and season with salt and a little pepper to taste.
- Top each piece o the blackened salmon with a spoonful of the pineapple salsa.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner