This is the most delicious sheet cake ever! This Bourbon Butter Pecan Sheet Cake is incredibly moist, buttery, and full of that Butter Pecan flavor.
- 1 box Butter Pecan Cake mix (including the ingredients)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, browned
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Bourbon
- 2 egg yolks,whisked
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 casserole dish and set aside.
- BROWNING BUTTER: Melt the 2 sticks of butter into a small pot and allow to slightly boil until butte becomes an amber color, about 5 minutes. Once the butter has browned strain the excess bit and place the butter inside a freezer until the butter has congealed into solid form, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare cake as instructed on the box. Combine the ingredients of cake mix, eggs, water, and oil and mix with a handheld blender and pour into casserole dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Once complete,set aside.
- MAKE FROSTING: In a large non-stick pot, remelt the brown butter on low heat. Add the brown sugar, evaporated milk, bourbon, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk on a little past low heat for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Take about 1/4 of the hot liquid and very slowly mix into the egg yolks to temper the egg yolks. This is important so the eggs don’t scramble. Once the hot liquid has been added to the egg yolks, pour the egg yolk mixture into the rest of the frosting mixture on the stove and continue stirring for 10-15 minutes until frosting thickens. Remove from heat and add the pecans, salt, and vanilla extract. Allow to cool slightly as this will help the frosting to thicken, about 30 minutes.
- Finally pour the frosting on top of the cake and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert