This Blackberry & Chocolate Panna Cotta is rich, smooth, decadent, and will leave you breathless. Made with fresh blackberries and sweet chocolate.
- 18 oz. Blackberries
- 1 tbsp. Orange zest
- 1 tbsp. Orange juice
- 3 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 tsp. Salt, divided
- ½ c. mascarpone cheese, divided
- 5 tbsp. Sugar, divided
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, add ¼ cup of heavy cream and add 1 envelope of gelatin. Set aside and allow to thicken. Once firm, place over boiling water and stir to allow the gelatin to dissolve.
- Meanwhile, bring to a boil the 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream along with ¼ cup mascarpone, 2 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tsp of salt. Once dissolved remove from heat. Add the chocolate and stir until dissolved and smooth. Next, add the gelatin mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the chocolate liquid into a pourable measuring cup. Evenly pour the chocolate mixture into 4 desired serving glasses. Place in the refrigerator for, at least, 3 hours until chocolate becomes firm.
- In another small bowl, add ¼ cup of heavy cream and sprinkle with the other envelope of gelatin. Heat the same way as before, over boiling water to allow to dissolve.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the blackberries, orange zest, orange juice, and 1 tbsp. Sugar. Bring to a simmer and allow the blackberries to break down, about 10 minutes. Use a masher and smash the berries. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the blackberries into a pourable measuring cup removing the seeds.
- Bring to a boil the remaining 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream, ¼ cup of mascarpone, 2 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tsp of salt. Once dissolved, remove from heat. Pour in the juice from the blackberries and the gelatin mixture. Stir and pour on top of the firmed chocolate panna cotta evenly. Place back in the refrigerator and allow to chill and become firm for, at least, 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with blackberries and chocolate shavings and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert