Add veggies to your Mac and Cheese and have this Broccoli Cheddar Mac and Cheese for dinner. Serve with a delicious side salad and dinner rolls for a complete meal.
- 1 ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ c. Green Onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 ½ tbsp. Flour
- 3 c. flour + ¼ c. whole milk, divided
- 2 . sharp shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 2 c. frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. Seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Ground mustard
- ½ tsp. Smoked paprika
- 2 c. Dry elbow macaroni
- In a large 10 inch round shallow pan on medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- In a large saucepot, fill halfway with water and add about a half tablespoon of salt and cook the elbow macaroni, al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Next, add the green onion and let it cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes and stir. Add the butter and allow to melt. Sprinkle with flour and whisk. Will begin to bubble.
- Add the 3 cups of whole milk and stir. Reduce the heat between low and medium. Once the milk is steaming, add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Add the one cup of sharp shredded cheese and stir until melted. Add the seasoned salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, and smoked paprika and stir.
- Add the shredded carrots, broccoli florets, and pasta and fold gently until all ingredients are coated. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of shredded cheddar cheese and cover with a lid and allow to simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
Keywords: panera broccoli mac and cheese, broccoli cheddar mac and cheese, cheddar and broccoli mac and cheese, mac and cheese recipe, mac and cheese, easy mac and cheese, mac and cheese with broccoli