Make these easy Brown Butter Glazed Baked Doughnuts with some of the common ingredients you may already have in your home!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ⅕ tsp. Baking soda
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 c. milk
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. Milk
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a baking doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whisk. In a separate mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix with a handheld mixer or standing mixer until well blended and fluffy. Next, add eggs one at a time being sure to scrape the edges of the bowl. Then, add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, while interchangeably adding the milk. The mix will begin to loosen and become smooth. Once the batter is mixed, pour into a piping bag and cut the end for an opening. Fill each part of the doughnut pan 2/3 rds with batter, place in the oven, and bake for 10-11 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for a couple of minutes and then turn to the cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, add the 4 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan and turn to medium heat. Allow the butter to melt and the butter will begin to bubble. Stir with a spoon. The butter will begin to brown and develop a nutty fragrance, remove from heat and strain in a fine-mesh strainer. Set the brown butter aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the powdered sugar, browned butter, pinch of salt, and milk. Once the glaze has become smooth and loose, begin to dip the doughnuts in the glaze and turn back to the cooling rack and allow the glaze to set over the doughnuts, about 10 minutes. Once the glaze has set, serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast