- FOR THE BROWNIE COOKIES:
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 12 ounces, weight Semisweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 2 whole Eggs
- ⅔ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cups Flour, Sifted
- ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder, Sifted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/3 c. fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. strawberry extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- For the brownie cookies:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low to medium heat and add the chocolate. Stir until completely melted then remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Place eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat until well incorporated. Do not over beat. Pour half of the melted chocolate into the mixture and mix well. Pour the sifted flour and baking powder into the mixture and beat until well incorporated. Add the rest of the chocolate and mix well until blended. Let the mixture sit for 10 to 15 minutes. The mixture will become slightly thicker.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place it on the cookie sheet. You should only make 2 rows on the sheet because the cookies will spread quite a bit. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes. Then remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before moving them to a rack to cool. Allow them to completely cool before adding the filling.
- I recommend doubling the brownie recipe for the amount of filling you will make.
- TO MAKE THE FILLING: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until it becomes smooth and well mixed. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time adding a tablespoon of cream after each cup of powdered sugar added. Add the salt, vanilla, strawberry extract, and diced strawberries by using a rubber spatula to mix well.
- Once the filling is mixed, spread about a tablespoon on one of the brownie cookies and place another one on top. Repeat this process until all brownie cookies are made and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.