Try Butter Toffee Popcorn as an awesome snack and to give away for gifts. This is the perfect sweet and salty combination for popcorn. Try this Butter Toffee Popcorn today!
- 4– 3 oz. bags microwave popcorn (lightly salted)
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2–3 cups roasted, salted peanuts
- NOTE: If you have a hot popcorn popper, you can pop 3/4 c. uncooked popcorn kernels instead like the original recipe. I just thought this may be a little easier.
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees and butter a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave. Sift the bag of popcorn and remove as many unpopped kernels as possible and place the popped popcorn in a large bowl along with the peanuts. Set the popcorn and peanuts to the side to the side.
- Melt the 2 sticks of butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat, add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and the salt and constantly stir as it begins to slightly boil. Allow to boil while constantly stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and baking soda. The baking soda will make the mixture to bubble up a little bit but keep stirring until it completely dissolves.
- Pour the toffee mixture over the popcorn and the peanuts using a rubber spatula, stir carefully until the popcorn mixture is covered. Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly and bake for 1 hour. Once finished baking, allow to cool for 25 minutes, break apart, and store in an airtight container or serve!
- Category: Appetiser