Try Butter Toffee Popcorn as an awesome snack and to give away for gifts. This is the perfect sweet and salty combination for popcorn. Try this Butter Toffee Popcorn today!
- 4– 3 oz. bags microwave popcorn (lightly salted)
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2–3 cups roasted, salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees and butter a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside. Pop the popcorn in the microwave.
- Sift the bag of popcorn and remove as many unpopped kernels as possible and place the popped popcorn in a large bowl along with the peanuts. Set the popcorn and peanuts to the side to the side.
- Melt the 2 sticks of butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat, add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt and constantly stir as it begins to slightly boil. Allow boiling while constantly stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and baking soda. The baking soda will cause the caramel mixture to bubble up a little bit but keep stirring until it completely dissolves. Pour the toffee mixture over the popcorn and the peanuts using a rubber spatula, toss carefully until the popcorn mixture is covered.
- Place popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet or silpat silicon sheet and spread out evenly and bake for 1 hour.
- Once finished baking, allow to cool for 25 minutes, break apart, and store in an airtight container or serve!
If you have a hot popcorn popper, you can pop 3/4 c. uncooked popcorn kernels instead of the original recipe. I just thought this may be a little easier.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel popcorn, caramel corn popcorn, butter toffee popcorn with nuts, crunch n munch buttery toffee, best toffee popcorn