Cheesy Mac-N-Cheese made with real cheese and Butternut Squash! Making this classic dish delicious and health conscious.
- 13.25 oz. Whole Wheat Macaroni Noodles, partially undercooked (the noodles will finish cooking in the cheese mixture)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 scallion. diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c. + 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 4 c. Organic Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 c. chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz. Colby Cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles in salt water until it is partially undercooked. You will put the noodle back in the sauce and they will continue to cook. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same pot, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat. Cook the scallion for 3 minutes until translucent and add the chopped garlic until fragrant, about minute. Sprinkle with flour and stir until becomes a paste. Slowly pour in the milk and it continue to thicken. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Pour in the butternut squash and broth. Also add the cheese and stir until cheese has dissolved. Return the noodles back to the pot and stir and allow to cook for an addition 10-15 minutes until noodles have plumped and is completely cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Category: Entree