Cajun Smothered Pork Chops are smothered in a light gravy with onions and garlic. Serve these smothered pork chops over rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles.
- 6 Boneless Thin Pork Chops
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 3/4 c. Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- In a large shallow heavy-duty cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat, heat the canola oil.
- Season the boneless pork chops on both sides with kosher salt and pepper. Season the pork chops on both sides with the cajun seasoning, liberally.
- In a shallow bowl, add the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt. Use a fork mix together. Dredge the pork chops through the seasoned flour on both sides and shake off the excess flour.
- Place in the hot oil and cook on both sides for 3 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Using a separate large skillet, turn on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the oil used to cook the pork chops to the new skillet. Add the diced onions and cook until browned and softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the butter to the skillet. Once melted add the flour and stir until the flour is lumpy and has coated the onions. Slowly add the chicken stock and whisk simultaneously to ensure the gravy is smooth. Add the water as well. Stir until smooth. Allow the gravy to simmer on medium heat just until it thickens. Turn to low heat.
- Add the pork chops to the gravy and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add half of teaspoon of cajun seasoning and the Worcestershire sauce to the gravy, or pour some of the gravy on top of the chops.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cajun pork chops, cajun smothered pork chops, smothered pork chops, deep fried pork chops, fried pork chops, cajun fried pork chops, cajun pork chops and potatoes,