What could be better than baking a cake in a Crockpot? This Caramel Butterscotch Crockpot Cake is sweet, gooey, fluffy, and perfect to feed a crowd without all the hassle.
- 16.5 oz. box Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix
- 1 stick + 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. butterscotch chips
- 1 3/4 c. boiling water
- caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat your crockpot by placing it on low for 10-15 minutes before making the cake (I used a 6-quart crockpot). Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix, set aside, and melt the stick of butter. Take the remaining cake mix and place it into a large bowl.
- Pour in the melted stick of butter and the 1/2 cup of milk and stir until most of the lumps are out, and the batter is thick and smooth. Pour that part of the cake batter into the crockpot. Use a spoon and spread evenly across the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the butterscotch chips on top of the bottom layer of the cake. Optional: if you want to drizzle about 1/4 cup of caramel here, you can also do that. Now, take the 1 cup of the reserved cake mix and place it into a separate medium shallow bowl. Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave. Pour in the melted butter and the boiling water together in a medium bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture over the cake in the crock pot, cover it with the lid, and allow it to cook for 2 hours or until it has set in the middle. If it takes longer than 2 hours, you can turn it up on high for about 30 minutes or until the middle part is set and turn it back down on warm (You do not have to. You can just let it bake until it’s done on low).
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle additional caramel sauce on top and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crockpot dump cake, crockpot cake, slow cooker cake, slow cooker desserts, crockpot cake recipes, slow cooker dump cake