Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake with Rice is a quick and easy dish that is a family favorite. This is a perfect comfort food dish!
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 2 c. brown rice or white rice
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 12 oz. broccoli cuts
- 4 c. sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tsp. Seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the baking dish, add the uncooked rice, broccoli cuts, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Also, add about 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix together.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the ingredients. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper liberally. In a small bowl, add the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, smoked paprika, dried parsely, and dijon mustard and stir until combined. Brush the mixture on top of the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the chicken stock in the baking dish along the side of the dish. Cover in aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil from the casserole dish and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Allow to cool and serve.
- Instead of using the mayo, sour cream, and dijon mixture, you can use cream of chicken soup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesy chicken & broccoli bake, one pan baked chicken and rice, cheesy chicken broccoli rice, cheesy chicken broccoli recipe