Sink your teeth into the perfect blend of sweet and salty with every delicious bite of these Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pretzels.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 2/3 c. crushed pretzels
- In a small saucepan, melt the two sticks of butter and stir frequently until the butter becomes slightly brown and smells nutty. Remove from heat, and use a fine mesh strainer to remove some of the excess browned bits from the butter and pour in heat safe bowl. Set aside and let cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking soda).
- In a separate large bowl, blend the butter and both sugars until fluffy with a hand-held or stand mixer on medium speed. Next, add the egg yolk and the large egg until the batter becomes creamy. Add the vanilla extract as well.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until well combined. Be sure to scrape the side of the bowl to mix the batter fully.
- Use a rubber spatula and fold in the chocolate chips, and crush the pretzels. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- Place a tablespoon of cookie dough batter about 1 1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheet, roll the dough to be a smooth ball of dough, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes (including cooling)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet and salty pretzel cookies, pretzel chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies with pretzels, chocolate chip pretzel cookie, chocolate chip pretzel cookies, chocolate chip pretzel cookies recipe, pretzel chocolate cookies, cookies with pretzels