This Chocolate Oreo Cake Recipe is simple and perfect for the chocolate lovers. Its filled and topped with an easy chocolate mousse filling and chunks of Oreo cookie!
- 1 Chocolate Cake mix box (including required ingredients)
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 ½ c. heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa
- 2 oz. Bakers chocolate, melted
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9X13 baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate cake mix and begin to mix with the required measurements as outlined on package. It usually requires water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix as indicated on the box using a handheld or standing mixer. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Once finished baking, allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large bowl, add the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth on low to medium speed. Slowly add ½ cup of the heavy cream to mix in with the cream cheese so it can blend in smoothly while working out the lumps.
- Now, add the remaining heavy cream slowly to the cream cheese base and turn up the speed to medium-high. Once soft peaks begin to form, turn down to low-medium speed, add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, and vanilla extract. Allow the ingredients to work in the mixture and turn speed back to high and beat until firm peaks begin to form. This shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes.
- Take a package of Oreo’s and crush leaving some big and medium chunks. Add half of the chunks to the mousse and fold using a rubber spatula.
- Remove the cake from the pan by lifting the aluminum foil. Use a serrated knife and carefully cut the cake in half, lengthwise, try to make both pieces as even as possible (mines wasn’t perfect). Take the bottom half of the cake and place back into the baking dish. Spread half of the oreo filling on top of the first bottom half of the cake.
- Take the other half of the cake and place on top of the mousse filling. Spread the remaining mousse on top of the cake and sprinkle the remaining chopped oreos on top of the cake and drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert