Enjoy some Christmas Butter Cookies that are chewy and will melt in your mouth. Covered with coarse sugar colored in festive Christmas colors.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ c. red coarse sugar
- ½ c. green coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Pour the course sugars into two separate small bowls and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with a handheld mixer or stand mixer. Add the sugar and mix until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture 1 cup at a time. Once the mixture has combined together as a ball of dough.Use a cookie scoop and scoop dough and roll into a smooth ball. Roll the dough in sugar and place on the baking sheet. Use the back of a measuring cup and flatten the cookies slightly. Do not completely flatten the dough, just to the size of a hockey puck about ¼ inch.
- Bake for 8 minutes and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Category: Dessert