- 1 lb. Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Pretzel Baking Mix Box
- 3/4 c. warm water
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. pretzels, crushed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. caramel sauce
- Prepare the pretzel mix as instructed on the box by adding the water and oil and allow to sit for 25 minutes in a warm, draft-free place (dough WILL NOT double in size).
- Once the dough has sat for 25 minutes, begin to make midsized balls and place on a sprayed baking sheet. Keep the pretzel balls covered as you make the rest of the balls so they don’t get dried out.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Combine 6 cups of water with baking soda in a large deep saucepan until water boils. Use a slotted spoon or spatula and dip one pretzel ball into the water for 10-15 seconds then remove the pretzel balls and place back on the baking sheet. Continue this process until all pretzel ball are complete. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the pretzel balls are complete, use a pastry brush and brush each ball with the melted butter. In a brown paper bag or bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and crushed pretzels and mix well. Take each pretzel ball and shake with the sugar mixture and turn to a cooling rack or plate lined with paper towels.
- To make cream cheese just combine the cream cheese and caramel in a small shallow bowl and use a rubber spatula ti mix well.