These Classic Buttermilk Scones are perfect to escape life and ease into comfort. Try these scones and get ready to be amazed at how amazing they taste!
- 3 c. four
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Use a pastry cutter or a fork and blend the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add the buttermilk and use your hands to knead the dough into a ball. Turn to lightly flour surface and knead until all crumbs come together. Pat or roll out the dough until it is about 1/2 inch thick and cut into squares or triangles.
- Place on top of a prepared baking sheet sprayed with baking spray. Brush with heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alongside your favorite jam or preserve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast