Now you don’t have to wait all year long to enjoy a succulent and delicious McRib Sandwich! This copycat recipe is made with beef ribs and topped with sliced sweet onion and pickles, smothered in BBQ sauce.
- 2 Racks Beef Ribs
- 1/2 tbsp. Light Brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp. Seasoned salt
- 1/2 tbsp. Black pepper
- 3 tsp. Onion powder
- 3 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. Liquid Smoke, divided
- 5–6 Hoagie Buns
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced
- 1/2 c. dill pickles
- Preheat the oven to 300 Degrees.
- Take the beef ribs and place them on a flat surface, meat side down. Use a sharp steak knife, and use it to make a slit in the silver muscle cartilage, and use your fingers to remove the rest of the cartilage. It should lift right up. Throw away.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, add the seasonings (kosher salt, seasoned salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper) and mix. Sprinkle the rub on both sides of the racks and let sit at room temperature for, at least, 30 minutes. However, you can wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Line a long baking sheet or roasting pan with aluminum foil and place the beef rib racks inside the aluminum foil. Cover with another sheet of aluminum foil and seal the edges. Allow cooking in the oven for 3 hours.
- At three hours reduce the heat down to 265 Degrees, brush with about 1 ½ cups of BBQ sauce and place uncovered back in the oven and allow to cook for another hour. Once finished, the meat should be meat tender.
- Allow cooling for about 15 minutes. Add the other 1 ½ cups ofBBQ Sauce. Cut by every 2 ribs. Toast the hoagie buns with butter and place the rib section on the bottom half of the hoagie bun. Top off with sliced onion and pickle and the top of the hoagie bun and serve.
For grilling, I recommend following this recipe and even bake the ribs for about an hour covered in aluminum foil, and finish the rest of the cooking on a grill or smoker on low heat until the ribs reach an internal temperature of 203 Degrees F. Once the are finished cooking, brush with BBQ sauce while on the grill on both sides, remove from heat and allow the meat to rest for about 30 minutes covered in aluminum foil.
After the beef has rested remove the bones (they should slide right off the meat), cut by two ribs, brush with more BBQ Sauce, and prepare the sandwich as the recipe instructs.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: Barbeque
Keywords: mcrib sandwich, mcdonalds mcrib sandwich, mcrib sandwich recipe, coycat mcrib sandwich