Cranberry and Orange Bundt Cake Recipe Type : Dessert Author: Nicole Nared-Washington from Brown Sugar Food Blog Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 1 hour 10 mins Total time: 1 hour 35 mins Serves: 8-10
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- ¼. c. oil
- 1 tbsp. Orange zest
- ⅓ c. orange juice
- 2 ¼ c. fresh cranberries, divided
- 1 ½ tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 ¾ c. flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. Melted butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ½ orange, squeezed
- 2 tsp. Orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a Bundt Cake pan with baking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 ¼ cup of fresh cranberries, 1 ½ tablespoon sugar, and 1 ½ tablespoon. Water and turn on medium heat. Allow to come to a simmer and allow the cranberries to pop. Once the cranberries become a compote, after about 10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the unsalted butter and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Use a rubber spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl to mix well. Add the oil, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients ½ cup at a time and the remaining 1 cup of cranberries to the cake batter. Spread half of the batter into the bundt pan, add the cranberry compote across the top of the first cake batter layer. Add the remaining cake batter on top of the compote. Use a knife and swirl the cake around into the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes and turn to cooling rack.
- To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, orange juice, orange zest, and milk and mix well. Once the cake has cooled completely pour the glaze over the cake and allow it to set. Serve as desired.