Savor the flavors of the sea with this Creamy Seafood Chowder recipe. A comforting and delicious dish to warm your soul.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 5 c. chicken broth (seafood or vegetable broth is fine)
- 2 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 15 oz. sweet corn
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- 6 oz. Clams in juice, chopped
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tail off)
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: chopped parsley and oyster crackers
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the diced onion, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté until they become translucent, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced Andouille sausage to the pot. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes, until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over the ingredients in the pot. Stir continuously to create a roux, cooking for about 3-4 minutes to eliminate the raw flour taste.
- Pour in 5 cups of chicken (or seafood/vegetable) stock while stirring to eliminate large clumps. Bring to a simmer to allow the broth to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and sweet corn. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the lump crab meat, chopped clams, Old Bay Seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, white wine vinegar, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the heavy cream.
- About 10-15 minutes before serving, gently add the raw shrimp to the soup. Cook until the shrimp turn completely pink, indicating they are cooked through.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls or bread bowls, ensuring each portion has a generous mix of seafood and vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped parsley for a fresh touch.
You can use bacon instead of sausage if you want.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy seafood soup, easy creamy seafood chowder, seafood chowder recipe, best seafood chowder recipe, seafood chowder recipe with heavy cream,