Take New York Style Cheesecake to a new level by making this Creme Brulee Cheesecake and top with fresh berries. This is an elegant dessert for a crowd!
- For Crust:
- 1 ½ c. graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ c. pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 5 tbsp. Butter, melted
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- For Cheesecake:
- 32 oz. Cream Cheese (4– 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese), room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. Superfine sugar, divided
- 3 tbsp. Flour
- ½ c. sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Pulse the graham crackers and pecan pieces in a food processor for 5 minutes. Add melted butter, sugar, and salt until becomes coarse crumbs. Pour into springform pan and press into the bottom of the pan evenly with the bottom of a measuring cup. Place in the middle rack in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once the pan has cooled, wrap the pan with aluminum foil on the outside. Place in a shallow roasting pan and fill about ⅔ rds with boiling water.
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add the cream cheese and blend with mixer until creamy. Add the sugar a cup at a time. Use a rubber spatula and scrape sides and blend once more. Add the vanilla extract, flour, lemon juice, and sour cream. Add eggs one at a time until mixture is creamy and smooth. Pour the cream cheese mixture in the springform pan and place in the oven to bake for 1hour 30 minutes to reduce the temperature to 325 degrees.
- The cake will appear wobbly and if you insert a toothpick it will come out clean. If it comes out with batter then bake a little longer. Once finished, sit at room temperature for 15 minutes and then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once the cake has cooled, sprinkle the topping with 1 ½ tablespoon superfine sugar evenly. Turn on the culinary torch and begin to torch the sugar allowing it to carmelize. You want to torch the sugar until the sugar dissolves and transforms into a golden brown color. This should take 10 minutes. Serve with fresh berries.
- Category: Dessert