These are Crispy Chicken Cutlets that are seasoned and fried with panko bread breadcrumbs covered in a Lemon Butter Rosemary Butter Sauce.
- 1 c. flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 4 Thin Boneless Chicken breast
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Add the flour, eggs, and panko bread crumbs into three separate bowls. Be sure to whisk the eggs to combine the whites and yolks. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Using a medium to a large skillet, heat the canola oil on medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken cutlets through the flour and shake off excess, then the egg mixture, and finally the panko bread crumbs on both sides.
- Place in the hot skillet and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Once the cutlets are cooked, turn to a wire rack and sprinkle with a little more salt and black pepper. Place in the oven on warm until ready to serve.
- Using a medium shallow saute pan, heat the olive oil for the sauce on low to medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Next, add the white wine and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the juice of a lemon (remove the seeds), capers, and rosemary. Reduce the heat to simmer. Next, add the cold butter allow it to melt, and simmer. Whisk in the heavy cream until sauce is well combined. Strain the sauce into a serving dish ( I didn’t want to strain my sauce but that is up to you). Add salt and pepper as desired and serve on top of the chicken cutlets.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sear
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy chicken cutlets, rosemary butter sauce, frying chicken cutlets, quick crispy chicken cutlets, crispy fried pan chicken cutlets