Try this easy and delicious Crockpot Bread with Rosemary for dinner tonight. It takes no time to put together and the crockpot does all of the heat liftings for you!
- 3 c. warm water (no higher than 100 Degrees)
- 1 packet Rapid Yeast
- 1 ½ tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 7 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- Put the crockpot on high heat and allow it to preheat while you are making the bread. Line the crockpot with parchment paper. Close with lid.
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add 3 cups of warm water, the packet of Rapid Yeast, and salt. Using the dough hook, very slowly start to add the flour a cup at a time into the bowl. Once you have added 3 cups of flour add the rosemary to the dough and allow to mix evenly.
- Continue adding the rest of the dough a cup at a time. Increase speed of mixer if the dough gets too tough. Once all the dough has been added, turn the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough until smooth (about 5 times), fold the dough into a ball and place into the crockpot and cover with a lid. Place a clean kitchen towel on top of the lid and keep covered. Allow the dough to bake for 4 hours.
- Once the dough is finished baking, you can put it in the oven under the broiler for 5 minutes just long enough to get brown and crusty. Allow to cool, slice, and serve.
- Category: Bread