- For Dough:
- 1 3/4 c. warm water (105 to 110 Degrees)
- 1 envelop of dry active yeast
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 c. bread flour, more for dusting
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- For Pizza:
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. Prosciutto, diced and cooked
- 7 oz. Pepperoni
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 8 oz. Fontina Cheese, shredded
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- For Dough:
- In a large measuring cup,combine the warm water, active yeast, and sugar and whisk with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foam on top. Next add the olive oil and mix.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, combine flour and salt and whisk. Using a paddle attachment, slowly mix the flour and begin to pour in the yeast water. Once you see the dough form, switch to a dough attachment and mix until dough is formed. If the dough is still slight wet, add a small bit of flour until no longer damp to the touch. Turn to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth. Add a sprinkle of flour to the dough if necessary. Turn the dough to a well greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in warm area and allow to double in size (about 1-2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 500 Degrees
- Butter a 14 inch wide Deep Dish Pizza pan using 2 tablespoons. Sprinkle the cornmeal around the pan. Take the dough and press into the pan to reach along the edges. In a small bowl, melt the 5 tablespoons of butter and add the oregano and garlic powder. Brush the melted butter around the edges and the rest of the dough.
- Pour the pizza sauce in the middle of the dough and take the back of a spoon and spread to an inch from the edges of the dough. Next layer with sausage, prosciutto, and pepperoni one inch from the edge of the pizza. Top with mozzarella and Fontina cheese. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until crust is is golden and cheese is bubbly. Allow to cool before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian