Devil’s Chocolate Cake is absolutely sinful! Top this chocolate cake recipe with a rich and chocolatey frosting for a decadent cake experience.
- ¾ c. unsalted butter ( 1 ½ sticks butter)
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c. hot water
- 2 c. flour
- ½ c. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 6 oz. Semi-Sweet Bakers Chocolate, melted
- 1 ½ c. milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 baking dish with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, unsweetened cocoa, salt, baking soda, and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the butter and mix until creamy with a hand-held or standing mixer. Add the sugar one cup at a time until fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla extract, melted bakers chocolate. Add the flour mixture and hot water interchangeably until the batter comes together smoothly. Pour in the baking dish and bake on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes. Once finished baking, allow cooling completely.
- To make the frosting, add the chocolate chips into a bowl. Heat the cream on the stove until it comes to steam and a slight bowl. Pour over the chocolate chips. Allow the cream to sit with the chips for 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula and slowly stir the cream with the chocolate chips until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add the butter and vanilla extract and stir until butter has completely dissolved. Set the ganache in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the ganache to thicken. The ganache should become thickened to a frosting consistency.
- If it is still a bit lose, place back in the refrigerator and continue to check every 10 minutes until thickened but spreadable.
- Spread the ganache frosting on top of the cake and use a spreadable knife to smooth across the cake. Cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert